SDS IAM & EMM
1. Make sure the GPS location tracking policy is enabled. GPS needs to be enabled and devices need to be actively checking in order for the reporting module to be able to pull in the location. Reporting only pulls in current data already existing in the cloud, it does not force the device to check in with the latest location.
2. Create a report and select the checkbox Report can be displayed on a map in the report settings tab.
'SELECT owner AS Name, latitudeDisplay AS Latitude, longitudeDisplay AS Longitude, ID AS _ID FROM device WHERE longitudeDisplay IS NOT NULL AND latitudeDisplay IS NOT NULL'
- The column you select 'AS Name' will be displayed on the maps tool-tip above a location.
- The unencrypted location is stored on the 'longitudeDisplay' and 'latitudeDisplay' colunms, you have to convert it to 'Latitude' and 'Longitude' for it to be used in a mapped report.
- The latitude and longitude must start with capital letters.
- The WHERE clause is used to filter out entries without locations from the report.