Any Samsung device
You might need to help troubleshoot a device issue by getting a log of the device's activities. The easiest way to get these logs from a Samsung mobile device is to use the SysDump tool:
- Launch the Phone app.
If your device does not have a Phone (for example, device is Wi-Fi only like the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition), use the Calculator app and enter (+30012012732+ in the keypad. This switches the Calculator to Factory Mode.
- Enter *#9900# to launch the SysDump tool.
- If the Debug Level is Disabled/LOW, tap to select MID. This restarts the device.
- Reproduce the issue that you would like to troubleshoot.
- Repeat steps 1 to 2 to launch the SysDump tool.
- Tap Run dumpstate/logcat.
- Tap Copy to sdcard. This copies a timestamped .log file to the folder /log, which you can access through My Files in your personal space.
- You can send the file to Knox Support, using one of these methods:
- From My Files, share the .log file via email.
- Connect a USB cable to a computer, then copy the file to your computer, and email the file from your computer.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to change the Debug Level back to Disabled/LOW to optimize device performance.