This article describes how to set up S/MIME for exchange accounts using Samsung Email.
To set up S/MIME for Samsung email client, follow the steps below:
- Open the Samsung email client.
- Tap More > Settings .
- Select the required email account.
- Under Security options, you can enable the Encryption and Signing features.
- To enable encryption for all outgoing emails:
- Select Encrypt.
- Select the required client certificate.
- Tap Allow if you want to use a certificate which is already installed or tap INSTALL to install new certificates
NOTE — If a pop-up screen to set the secure screen lock is displayed, you must first set the device password to continue.
NOTE — If the certificate(s) are not installed, you will get an error message stating, certificate not installed.
- To enable signing for all outgoing emails:
- Select the Sign option.
- Select the required client certificate and tap Allow if you want to use a certificate which is already installed or tap INSTALL to install new certificates.
Alternatively, if you want to apply S/MIME only for a specific email, go to : Message Composer > MORE > Security Options. The Security options dialog box is displayed. You can select the Encrypt and Sign options based on the requirement.
Samsung Native Email Client