When a new API key generates, the previous API key is invalidated. The services configured with the previous API key will not work until they are updated with the new API key.
ARTICLES IN THIS SECTION
- How do I fix “signing failed” error cases?
- How long does it take the app to change status to “Ready to deploy” after uploading to the Knox Configure console?
- Does a wearable device need a network connection to receive push updates?
- How do I set up my Knox Configure account for the first time?
- Why do I get an error message when I try to add an admin to my Knox Configure tenant?
- How do I find a Knox Configure Customer ID?
- What is the difference between the Knox Customer ID and the internal customer reference?
- How long does it take to upload devices in the Knox Configure portal?
- Where are Knox Configure servers being hosted?
- Will customers receive an email when resellers upload devices on their behalf?