SDS IAM & EMM
After using the Samsung SDS IAM & EMM to push new policies to devices, these policies are not reflected on a device.
Here are a few possible causes and resolutions for this issue:
- Device not connected — Make sure the device is connected to either a cellular network with data access or a Wi-Fi network.
- Management service disabled — You can deploy policies through either Active Directory or the cloud-based EMM Admin Portal (default), but not both at the same time. Check the currently enabled method as follows: Go to the Samsung SDS IAM & EMM Admin Portal > Settings > Mobile > Device Policy Management. Select either Active Directory group policy or Samsung Policy Service.
- Delay in policy push — For performance reasons, a device checks only periodically for Samsung SDS IAM & EMM policy updates. You can configure this time period as follows:
In order to see or change the scheduled policy push:
- Samsung SDS IAM & EMM Admin Portal > Settings > Mobile > Device Policy Management > Policy push delay from last edit (minutes). By default, this delay is 15 minutes.
- Active Directory Group Policy — Cloud Proxy Server Configuration > Proxy Server > Settings update interval. By default, this delay is 10 minutes.
In addition to the scheduled policy push, you can deploy policies to a device immediately. To push the policies immediately go to Samsung SDS IAM & EMM Admin Portal > Endpoints > select device > Actions > select Update or Reapply Policies.
- The Samsung SDS IAM & EMM mobile app needs to be updated — Compare the Samsung SDS IAM & EMM Admin Portal version number with the version of the Samsung SDS IAM & EMM app installed on your users' devices:
- In the Samsung SDS IAM & EMM Admin Portal, click on your username and select About.
- In the Samsung SDS IAM & EMM app, tap the menu selection and the tap Settings. The version number is under About.
- If the first three digits of the version numbers don't match, policies won't be pushed properly. For example, the Samsung SDS IAM & EMM Admin Portal version number might be 14.7.180 while the Samsung SDS IAM & EMM app version number might be 14.8(136).
- If version numbers don't match, instruct users to go to Google Play or the iOS App store and update the Samsung SDS IAM & EMM.