If you root your device, you trip the Knox Warranty bit. Knox services do not run on devices that have tripped the Warranty bit, because this indicates a device is rooted and flashed with an unofficial Android build. This security risk means that Knox can no longer ensure your data is protected.
The following Knox services are affected if a Warranty bit is tripped.
Knox Platform for Enterprise
- Existing Workspace's are permanently locked and the data is no longer accessible.
- New Workspace's can't be created.
Knox Cloud Services
- All Knox Cloud services stop working because they rely on a Knox license key to operate – For example, Knox Mobile Enrollment, Knox Configure, and Knox Manage.
Other Secure Samsung services
- Samsung E-FOTA stops working.
- Unique Knox security features stop working, such as Real Time Kernel Protection (RKP) , or Device Attestation.
- Other Samsung Services that require Knox stop working – for example, Samsung Pay and Secure Folder.
- Warranty bit: What is a Knox Warranty Bit and how is it triggered?
- How the Knox platform works: Knox Whitepaper