No. If an app has already been installed, blacklisting it will not remove it from the device. The blacklisted app, however, will be hidden and can't be opened by the user. If you remove the app from the blacklist, the app will be visible again and the user can launch it without losing any app data.
ARTICLES IN THIS SECTION
- Are there any differences between cloud and Active Directory policies?
- How can I delete or disable my enterprise's Samsung SDS IAM & EMM setup?
- How do I locate logs for the Samsung SDS IAM & EMM Connector?
- How much impact does the SDS IAM & EMM app have on the the phone's performance?
- If I add a new user in my Samsung SDS IAM & EMM portal, does this use up one container license?
- If I blacklist an app that has already been installed on the device, does the app get uninstalled?
- Is there a limit to the number of applications that can be blacklisted or whitelisted using SDS IAM & EMM?