Please refer to the below list of new features and improvements to be released with Knox Manage version 2.2.0, scheduled for Thursday, March 28th 2019.
1. Work Profile on fully Managed Device (COMP)
2. Mobile Admin
3. Device command for Screen Lock
4. Auto-execution of Remote Support to Device
5. Kiosk Wizard Enhancements
1. UX Renovation – First Step
- The Knox Manage Admin console UX will gradually be updated beginning from March until September. As a first step, this release includes improved UI/UX of buttons and pop-up windows as shown below.
- New look & feel
- Updated location of ‘Save/Cancel’ buttons
- Added ‘Save Draft’ button
② Pop-up Window
- Background, font, and underline of the upper title
- Background of lower action bar
2. Work Profile on Fully Managed Device (Previously Known as ‘COMP’)
- There are two types of Android Enterprise enrollment for company-owned devices; one is ‘Fully Managed Device’ and the other is ‘Work Profile on Fully Managed Device’.
- Fully Managed Device enables IT admins to have full management over the device side (which is exclusively used for work purpose, DO).
- ‘Work Profile on Fully Managed Device’ can control both the device and profile, COMP.
- Employee-owned devices can set up work profiles regardless of the enrollment type.
- One AE profile can have policies for both Fully Managed Device (DO) and Work Profile (PO).
3. Extended Search Period of Audit Log
- The maximum period for Audit Log search has been extended from one week to one month (30 days).
4. Limited Enrollment Setting Location
- The Limited Enrollment setting can now be found under both Settings > Configuration and Settings > Android > Limited Enrollment. Modifications made on either one of the two sides will be reflected in both settings.
5. Mobile Version of Admin Console (Mobile Admin)
- Knox Manage now supports a mobile version of the admin console called Mobile Admin. When accessing the admin console from mobile devices, the “Go to Mobile Admin” button will show up.
- The Mobile Admin supports overall menus and features. IT admins can check the dashboard, user list and device list, and send device commands such as device lock/unlock from mobile.
6. Sort Option in KM App Store
- End users can sort applications by registration time or name in the App Store within the KM agent in legacy mode. The default list is sorted by registration, same as before the release.
7. ‘Release Note’ Pop-up Notification
- After signing into the Admin console, IT admins can see the summarized pop-up notification about major enhancements from the recent release as depicted in the below screenshot.
8. New Device Command for Screen Lock
- Screen Lock feature has been added. There are now two types of device lock commands.
① Lock Screen command can simply turn off the device screen. If the end user has not set a screen lock option, the display can be turned on again without password validation. If screen lock was set, the screen lock password should be entered to unlock.
② Lock Device command can lock the device. The password to unlock the device is managed by Knox Manage. The end user must ask the IT admin to unlock the device.
※ ‘EMM client lock’ in EMM category has been changed to ‘Lock EMM Client’ to avoid confusion
9. Additional Information Shown on Location Dashboard
- Previously, only Mobile ID was shown on the device location dashboard.
- Additional mobile information such as IMEI, serial number and mobile number is now provided on the map, as shown below.
10. Application Execution Count
- IT admins can check how many times apps were executed and the number of months.
- The count is reset to 0 after device factory reset, which means count per application persists regardless of uninstallation. The number of months means [current month – the month that app was installed +1].
11. Automatic Configuration of Wi-Fi 802.1xEAP
- Wi-Fi 802.1xEAP (PEAP) setting can be pushed and automatically configured to the device without end user input.
- Until the release, there was a pop-up notification to set the password, which prohibited automatic configuration.
12. Auto-execution of Remote Support to Device
- When initiating Remote Support from the KM console, IT admins can decide whether to require end user’s consent (opt-in) or to automatically run (force mode).
13. [Kiosk] Wizard UX Enhancement and Widget Update
- Previously, Package name and Version were mandatory; now they will be automatically generated.
- When creating a multi-app kiosk, the initial package name will be automatically generated. If necessary, this can be updated before saving.
- Whenever modifications are made, the version number is increased automatically. A manual update is also available to allow, for example, updating from 1.2.8 to 2.0.0.
- “Memo” widget is removed from the Kiosk Wizard.
- “Clock” and “Calendar” widgets will provide localized language based on the device language setting. A total of six languages are supported – English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Deutsch and Italian. For unsupported languages such as Korean, the language will be set to English.
14. [Kiosk] Simplified Wizard Workflow
- If a Multi Kiosk application is added through the + button in Applications > Kiosk applications, the KM console provides a pop-up window to bridge the Device Profile and Kiosk application.
- Additionally, this provides a bridge to update the kiosk application on every target device right after updating Kiosk application. There is no need to push the update command through the Kiosk app list.
15. [Kiosk] Updated Information Icon in Agent
- For better visibility, the information icon within the Kiosk mode has been changed as depicted below; the icon is easier to distinguish against both light and dark backgrounds.
16. [Kiosk] Enhancement with Wi-Fi setting of Tablets
- Until this release, allowing the Wi-Fi setting within Kiosk mode would expose access to other setting options in tablet devices. The UI/UX has been improved to enhance security by hiding access to other setting options as shown below.
17. Application Workflow Enhancement
- Application workflow design has been changed from “Save & Assign” during initial app registration to adding the app and/or assign/apply later.
18. Minor Enhancements
- (Console) User ID (Device Enrollment)
- User ID field for device enrollment is no longer case sensitive. The end user will not need to double check capital letters when entering their ID.
- (Console) Help Button when Adding Public Application
- (Console) Page Numbering Enhancement at Kiosk Wizard
- (Console) Simplified Group Lists in Master Data
- Due to under-utilization of the feature, Master Data is minimized to hide all options except Position, Security Level and Site groups.(Agent) Auto-reassignment of Profile after Agent Update
- Newly-released recent features can only run on the agent with the latest version. Previously, IT admin had to update KM agent to the latest version, and then re-assign profile policy again in order to implement newly-released features.
- To minimize inconvenience, profiles will be automatically re-configured on the device-side once the agent is updated to the latest version. This is limited to devices with agent V2.1.7 or above. For example, devices on which the agents were updated from V2.1.5 to V2.2.0 still require manual re-assignment.
- (Console) New Device command for “Attestation”
- IT admins can send a device command to check the attestation status of each device regardless of any pre-configured MDM profile configurations (the policy is available under Security > Attestation). Previously, setting up this MDM policy to “use” was a pre-condition.
Resolved Issues and Improvements
- [00159878 / KMVOC-7711] Issues to access Wi-Fi SSID configures through KM Android Enterprise Profile
- [00160600 / KMVOC-7729] Force Close of Kiosk mode app when try to access settings from Kiosk mode
- [00160118 / KMVOC-7730] Device Lock Timeout not working properly on SM-J737V
- [00161543 / KMVOC-7767] Android Enterprise - limitation in Settings
- [00161407 / KMVOC-7778] Issues with Kiosk Browser Screensaver
- [00161848 / KMVOC-7780] Force GPS on not working on G532M with Android 6.0.1
- [00162042 / KMVOC-7783] Kiosk MDM Device Command Update Application Not working
- [00161512 / KMVOC-7784] Unable to send device commands for general groups
- [00161955 / KMVOC-7786] Reset user password is not working in Android Enterprise DO
- [Internal / KMVOC-7795] Showing "Failed to register push services[...]" when trying to enroll
- [00162305 / KMVOC-7824] View policies shows white screen
- [00162916 / KMVOC-7849] Unable to filter on TAG for 8k+ devices
- [00163472 / KMVOC-7853] KNOX Manage Container License Key Problem
- [00159991 / KMVOC-7735] Issues with Kiosk Browser mode
- [00160779 / KMVOC-7736] Unable to find Zoom Rooms in iOS Public Application list
- [00160634 / KMVOC-7738 & KMVOC-7750] Not possible to upload customer's IPA file
- [00161338 / KMVOC-7774] iOS WiFi password setting for WPA/WPA2 can't contain special characters
- [00160763 / KMVOC-7775] OpenAPI support
- [KMVOC-7806] Camera blocking policy is not working on device
- [00162663 / KMVOC-7817] Knox Manage Enrollment process error - B5012