Please refer to the below list of new features and improvements to be released with Knox Manage
version 19.9 scheduled for Thursday, the 26th of September 2019 till Monday, the 30th of September 2019.
- UI/UX Design Refreshment
- Multi-profile Support
- Android Zero Touch Support
- AD/LDAP Group Sync Support
- Android Q OS Updates
- [UI/UX] Look & Feel Refreshment
The UI/UX design of Knox Manage Admin console been redesigned into Knox Suite style. This refreshment will allow IT admins with simplified workflows and deliver harmonized
look and feel with other Knox Cloud services such as Knox Configure.
- [UI/UX] App Assignment Workflow Enhancement
App Management profile step has been removed to streamline steps to assign
applications to groups and organizations. Now three clicks with connection points are all steps you have to do to assign apps.
- [UI/UX] Multi-profile Support
With Multi-profile support, IT admins can assign more than one profile to groups and
organizations and manage each by priority settings. The profile with the highest priority overrides the others when policy conflict occurs among multiple profiles.
- [UI/UX] Simplified Group Management
It was often hard for IT Admins to understand and manage many different types of
groups with different limitations.
Now, there are only three groups (of user, device and AD/LDAP) where multiple MDM
profiles or device commands can be executed regardless of types of the group.
- [UI/UX] Relocation of Keepalive and Profile Update Scheduler Settings
Two types of Knox Manage agent policies, Keepalive and Profile Update Scheduler, have
been moved to portal’s main ‘Setting’ menu.
Also, IT admins can apply each setting globally or per group/organization.
- [AD/LDAP Sync] Profile Assignment to AD/LDAP Group
Previously, IT Admins could not assign profiles to AD/LDAP groups directly; they had to
firstly create organizations and move users to organization to assign profiles.
With v19.9 improvements, IT Admins can assign profile to AD/LDAP group.
- [Remote Support] Transferring of Whole Folder Device and IT Admin PC
Till the release, Remote Support supported transfer of file types only. With this release, Remote Support can move folder and every files inside that folder together.
This improvement is especially useful for the IT Admin to gather a whole bunch of device dump logs in the saved folder.
- [Android Enterprise] Google’s Zero Touch Support
Samsung Knox Mobile Enrollment is a crucial feature for B2B customers who usually
require bulk enrollment feature, but the service is available for Samsung devices only.
In consideration of customers with mixed device environment, Knox Manage
implemented similar service by Google, called “Zero Touch,” from v19.9. It means we
now support bulk enrollment services for general Android devices as well.
- [Kiosk] Automatic App Deletion Upon Profile Removal
Previously, once-downloaded kiosk apps stayed on the device side even after the
removal of kiosk profiles or unenrollment upon IT Admin’s command.
Now IT Admins can decide whether to remove kiosk application from the device
automatically or not when released from Kiosk mode. Default value is “Allow” (remove).
- [Android Enterprise] AER’s Advanced Feature Updates
Knox Manage passed the standard level of Android Enterprise Recommended validation.
And now, we plan to implement advanced features as well starting from Fully Managed
Device and Work Profile. v19.9 update includes several advanced items like below.
- When compliance issue happens, Work Profile apps will be hidden
- Advanced password policy for AER advanced requirement
- Key guard management for AER advanced requirement
- Zero Touch Device Owner Enrollment
- [Policy] Time Zone setting
IT Admins can force “Select Time zone” of user devices. If time zone policy is setup,
then the “Date/Time auto configuration” option will be grayed out.
- [General] “Android Go” Device Support Through Android Enterprise
Samsung Android Go devices does not have Knox platform and miss Knox API sets, so
do Knox policies. However it was not clear for IT Admins to understand such technical
Android GO devices should be handled as a non-Samsung Android devices although the
manufacturer is Samsung, and it is recommended to be enrolled through Android
Enterprise if were to use.
- [General] Deprecated Features with Android Q
Some EMM features are dependent to device OS. With huge updates in Android Q OS,
the below features will not be supported from Q devices. Please refer to the below
deprecation list when managing Android Q OS devices.
- MDM Profile > Knox > Container Data > Moving a file to Knox area/ general area
- Android Enterprise/ Android (Legacy) > System > S Beam
- Android Enterprise/ Android (Legacy) > Interface > NFC Control
- Knox > Firewall > Container > All Packages (“By Application” is still available)
- Knox/ Android (Legacy) > Security > Smart Card Browser Authentication
- Android (Legacy) > Security/ App/ System > … > Device Lock
- Device Command > Device > Lock & Unlock device/ Power off device/ Data reset
- Device detailed information > Wi-Fi & Network data usage
- [General] Updated Features with Android Q.
- Containers (Knox Workspace in Samsung Legacy, Work Profile in AE device) should be
created manually through notification bar. High Accuracy setup also requires manual
- Application runtime permission at Android Legacy can’t be forced to end user. In other
words, end user can change configuration from the device settings anytime later.
- Silent COMP deployment is limited from Android Q. If the device screen is off, then end
user must click notification to deploy COMP later.
Resolved Issues and Improvements
- [00173876 / KMVOC-8491] Wifi not automatically deploying
- [00169394 / KMVOC-8152] Factory Reset issue
- [00169035 / KMVOC-8186]Device command delivery has failed (device not found)
- [00170363 / KMVOC-8198] E-FOTA - status is not displayed at all.
- [00170608 / KMVOC-8212] Legacy Exchange activesync configuration applied but not
registered by KM Agent
- [00168158 / KMVOC-8220] KM Client given for 4.4 is not working properly - especially Multi
app kiosk mode.
- [00170715 / KMVOC-8238] Dialer app does not accept incoming calls
- [00172103 / KMVOC-8298] Bug in App Permission policy
- [00172629 / KMVOC-8327] Using Knox Manage after upgrade to version 9 (same issue as
- [Internal testing / KMVOC-8334] COMP is not created in P devices.
- [00173004 / KMVOC-8350] SIM PIN being shown on KM Client App "View Policies"
- [Internal testing / KMVOC-8351] Activation Type is wrong
- [00173438 / KMVOC-8359] Display warning details
- [Internal testing / KMVOC-8361] AE DO and COMP enrollment flow issue
- [00172514 / KMVOC-8361] Issues with Samsung e-mail app
- [00173456 / KMVOC-8371] AE DO enrollment issue with KM (same issue as #8361)
- [internal testing / KMVOC-8435] Email Account deleted automatically