- Knox Platform for Enterprise (KPE)
- Android Enterprise
- Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) and Company-Owned, Personally-Enabled (COPE) devices
Some users are encountering an issue where they cannot enter the PIN to unlock their device with the “Confirm PIN without tapping OK” and One Lock features enabled. This issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- On the device, go to Settings > Lock screen > Screen lock type.
- Set a 4-character PIN and select Confirm your PIN without tapping OK.
- Create a Work Profile, Container, or Workspace.
- Disable One Password.
- Set a 5-character PIN for the container.
- Lock the device and confirm that the PIN for the device and container are different.
- Enable One Password.
- Lock the device.
If the user attempts to unlock the device using the 4-character PIN, the PIN is not accepted by the device.
When One Password is enabled, the container PIN is used as the device PIN when unlocking a device. If the device PIN is shorter in length than the container PIN, the device stops accepting PIN inputs after the length of the original device PIN is reached. This causes an “incorrect PIN” error to be returned, and the user is unable to unlock the device.
If you attempt to unlock the device using the 4-character PIN, an “incorrect PIN” error is returned before you can complete the PIN entry.
The Samsung Knox team has addressed this issue, and the fix will be included in a future release.
Using the MDM or UEM you are using to manage the device, set a new PIN of the same length as the device PIN to resolve the issue.