- Knox Platform for Enterprise (KPE)
- Android Enterprise
- Android P
- Affected devices include but are not limited to: S9, S9+, S10, A30, J7 Pro, Note 8
We are aware of an issue where, after disabling the work profile and updating the MDM/UEM app, the work profile on a device is deleted. This issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Install an MDM/UEM app on the device.
- Enroll into an Android Enterprise and complete the work profile creation.
- In the Work Profile settings, disable the Work Profile.
- Upgrade to a higher version of the MDM app through the Google Play Store, or by installing the APK manually.
After the above steps are completed, the work profile is deleted from the device.
For S10, S9, Note 9 and newer devices, the issue is fixed when they receive a firmware upgrade to Android Q.
Older devices, such as the S8 and Note 8, are set to receive a fix for the issue in Android P.