This article will guide you through the steps on how to switch a KC-configured device to a different license without unassigning the device. If the old license is about to expire, these steps must be performed before the license expiry date.
When a KC license (trial or commercial) expires, any devices associated with the license are automatically unassigned from the profile they were configured to. If a device is no longer in the "configured" state, KC cannot push profile updates or any other changes to the device. The device must manually trigger KC for any profile changes to be applied. There are three ways to do this:
- From a browser on the device, navigate to configure.samsungknox.com, then select Re-enroll.
- Navigate to the device settings > About Device > Software Info > Knox Configure > Apply latest profile.
- Factory reset the device.
How do I change my configured devices to a different license?
Follow the steps below if you are:
- Switching from a trial license to a commercial license
- Switching from a commercial license to a different commercial license
- In the KC console, under Licenses > Enter license key, add the new license key to the license tab.
- Select the profile name you would like the devices to be configured to.
- If you are configuring the device to the same profile it is already configured to, you will need to clone the profile. Currently, it is not possible to change licenses within the same profile.
- To clone a profile, navigate to Profiles > Select the checkbox beside the profile name you would like to clone > Actions > Clone to edit.
- Select the devices tile > Actions > Assign devices.
- Select the devices you want to assign.
- If you cannot find the device, ensure you are not filtering the devices by status. To clear the filter, select Status > Clear status.
- Select Assign once all the devices you want to assign are selected.
- Select No when a pop-up appears asking if you want to continue using the existing license. If you would like the devices to automatically receive the changes you are making, select Push update without requesting end-user consent.
- Select the new license that you would like the devices to use, then select Submit.
How do I renew my Knox Configure commercial license?
To renew your KC commercial license, contact your KC license reseller.
As a best practice, we recommend that you renew your commercial license instead of requesting a new one. If you renew your license, you can continue to use the same one, avoiding the steps associated with switching to a new license.