- Knox Cloud Services (KCS)
- Knox Deployment App (KDA)
Using KDA, some administrators have reported that they are not able to enroll devices into more than one KCS. When adding a device into a second service (e.g. enrolling into Knox Mobile Enrollment after enrolling in Knox Configure), the following error message is shown:
The device is already enrolled.
This behavior is by design. After the KCS server looks for any profiles associated with the device, one of two actions occurs:
- If no profiles are found, the user is prompted to enroll with Bluetooth or NFC.
- If one or more profiles are found, KDA proceeds to the next step without prompting for Bluetooth or NFC enrollment.
If a profile is found, KCS checks if the device is already enrolled with the profile, then repeats for any additional profiles. For example, if the only profile assigned to the device is in Knox Mobile Enrollment (KME), KCS retrieves the KME profile and marks the device as enrolled. KDA then displays the message "The device is already enrolled".
If no profile is found, KDA continues with the enrollment process.
Currently, KDA is only designed for use with one KCS service at a time. To avoid encountering issues with Bluetooth and NFC enrollment, please ensure you remove your device from any KCS services it is in before enrolling in another.
If you would like to use both KME and KC, ask your reseller to upload your devices to your KME console. If you do not have a reseller, raise a support ticket through your Knox dashboard and our KCS team can assist.
- To learn more about KDA, see the KME admin guide.
- To find a local reseller, visit Buy from a reseller.