- Knox Manage (KM)
This knowledge base article guides you through the steps on how to use Knox Manage (KM)’s Keepalive feature to get the real time status of your enrolled devices.
If a device does not check in to the KM server for a period of time, you can send a device command to get its “Last seen” status. Configuring the Keepalive feature allows you to automatically send this command and ensure the status of your devices is kept up-to-date.
How can I automatically refresh the status of devices in Knox Manage?
To automatically keep the status of your devices up to date, follow the steps below:
- In your KM console, navigate to Setting > Configuration > Keepalive.
- Under Use of Keepalive, enable Keepalive.
- For Target Type, select Global Setting or Set by Group/Organization based on your desired configuration.
- For Keepalive Expiration (days), enter a number between 3 and 365 days. If the device does not communicate with the KM server for the set period, it attempts to establish a connection. If the connection fails, the device status changes to Disconnected.
- For Keepalive Interval (hours), enter the time range, in hours, for KM to check for the last time a device communicated with the KM server.
After configuring Keepalive, the status of your devices refreshes periodically based on the time intervals you set.