Knox Configure (KC)
This knowledge base article guides you through the steps on how to set up a custom launcher in Knox Configure (KC) without Kiosk mode, which maintains the Samsung Settings app and navigation bar functionality.
If you set a custom launcher application in Kiosk mode, the Samsung Settings app and navigation bar are disabled.
How do I set a custom launcher with the navigation bar using Knox Configure?
Prerequisite: The custom launcher you select must be a launcher application. To specify an application as a launcher, include the following text in its manifest.xml file.
"<category android:name="android.intent.category.HOME" />"
In KC, to set a custom launcher on your device with the Settings app and navigation bar:
- In your KC console, under Profiles, select the profile or create a profile.
- At the Select apps and widgets page select the custom launcher application.
- Under Applications & content > Disable the usage of other applications, enter "com.sec.android.app.launcher".
- Click Save and assign your devices to the profile.
Your device can now use a custom launcher without Kiosk mode.
How do I recover a device that is boot looping from a launcher error?
If your device is boot looping due to an error in the above steps:
- Follow the steps in the KC admin guide to perform a factory reset.
- In the KC profile, make any necessary changes to the configuration.
- Push your profile changes to the device.
Alternatively, you may unassign the device from KC to resolve the issue.