- Knox SDK
- Knox 3.4 (API Level 29)
When creating or updating the APN Settings with the Knox SDK methods ApnSettingsPolicy.createApnSettings or ApnsSettingsPolicy.updateApnSetting, the return value is -1, “Invalid MVNO type”.
The following error appears in the log file:
ApnSettingsPolicyService: Invalid mvno type! ApnSettingsPolicy: createApnSettings: -1
The ApnSettings object passed as a parameter to the method also has its mvno_type field set as a string value that is not:
- empty string
There are two reasons for the invalid MVNO type error:
- From Knox API Level 29 (Knox version 3.4/Android P), ApnSettings.mvno_type and ApnSettings.mvno_value are required fields. If the APN does not require a MVNO type and value, you must enter empty strings in the MVNO type and value fields.
- Due to a defect, the Knox framework was unable to configure ApnSettings.mvno_type and ApnSettings.mvno_value fields on the device.
For customers to be able to configure or update their APN Settings, ensure the below conditions are met:
- On devices running Knox 3.4 and higher, your UEM partner must update their implementation to support the mvno_type and mvno_value fields in the ApnSettings class. For details, please refer to the Knox SDK documentation.
- The customer must update the firmware containing the fix that allows the MVNO type and value to be set with the Knox SDK.
|Galaxy Note10+||United States||SM-N975U||N975USQU1ASHB|
|Galaxy Note10||United States||SM-N970U||N970USQU1ASH4|
|Galaxy Note9||United States||SM-N960U||N960USQU2CSI1|
|Galaxy S10e||United States||SM-G970U||G970USQU2BSIO|
|Galaxy S10||United States||SM-G973U||G973USQU2BSIO|
|Galaxy S10+||United States||SM-G975U||G975USQU2BSIO|
|Galaxy S9||United States||SM-G960U||G960USQU6CSI2|
|Galaxy S9+||United States||SM-G965U||G965USQU6CSI2|
If you require further troubleshooting assistance, please raise a support request through your Knox dashboard with the following details:
- A device dumpstate captured after the APN is created
- A list of all the APNs and the value of each APN field (obtained by inserting the SIM card into a device and listing the values from the device's Settings app)