- Knox Manage (KM)
- Android Enterprise (AE) Device Owner (DO) mode
In Knox Manage (KM) v20.2, the "Exit Kiosk" command was introduced to allow devices to exit Kiosk mode without requiring unenrollment. With this command, you can change the device settings even after applying single-app Kiosk mode.
This article guides you through the steps on how to set up single-app Kiosk mode on a device in KM, as well as how to re-apply it after sending the "Exit Kiosk" command.
How do I enroll a device in Knox Manage's single-app Kiosk mode?
- In your KM console, in the Managed Play Store, add and approve the application.
- Go to Android Enterprise Settings > Assign Application.
- Select Org/Group.
- Go to Profile > Kiosk > Kiosk App Settings.
- Select Single App, then select Chrome.
To change the device settings after the kiosk is set up, send the "Exit Kiosk" command under Device > Device Command > Knox Manage > Exit Kiosk.
How do I re-apply single-app Kiosk mode after sending the "Exit Kiosk" command?
To apply Kiosk mode again after sending the exit command:
- On the device, in the task manager, clear all recent apps.
- In your KM console, go to Device > Device Command > Device.
- Select Apply latest profile.
After applying the latest profile, the device displays the kiosk application again.
To learn more about KM policies, please refer to the KM admin guide.