- Knox Manage (KM)
- Android Enterprise (AE) Device Owner (DO) mode
Starting with Knox 3.4.1, the Knox GPS Force API is deprecated. This knowledge base article guides you through the steps on how to force enable GPS on Knox 3.4.1+ and non-Samsung Knox devices with Knox Manage (KM), preventing the device user from disabling it.
How do I prevent a user from disabling GPS on a non-Samsung Knox or Knox 3.4.1+ device with Knox Manage?
To force enable GPS and prevent the user from disabling it:
- In KM, create a new profile or select one to modify.
- Go to Android Enterprise > System.
- Set Location Setting to Disallow.
- Click Save to create or modify your profile.
As the device's GPS configuration is set to On by default, enrolling it in Knox Manage applies the Location Setting policy and prevents the user from disabling GPS.