- Knox Manage (KM) Kiosk mode
- Knox Suite license key
- Android Enterprise (AE) Device Owner (DO) mode
- Samsung devices running Knox 3.4.1 and higher
On Samsung devices running Knox 3.4.1 and higher, opening the task manager displays suggested apps for quick navigation. The Suggested Apps feature works even on devices locked down with Knox Manage's (KM) Kiosk mode, allowing users to access restricted apps.
This knowledge base article guides you through the steps on how to disable the Suggested Apps feature using KM, preventing the user from exiting Kiosk mode.
How can I disable the Suggested Apps feature on my devices using Knox Manage?
In KM v20.4, the "Apps Suggestions" policy was introduced as part of the Knox Service Plugin (KSP) Premium integration. To disable the Suggested Apps feature using Apps Suggestions:
- In your KM console, create or modify an Android Enterprise profile.
- Under Policy, create a new policy for Android Enterprise.
- Under Samsung Knox Android Enterprise, select System > Device Customization Controls > Apply.
- Next to Apps Suggestions, select Enable.
Enabling Apps Suggestions blocks suggested apps from appearing in the device task manager.
To learn more about the changes introduced in KM v20.4, see the Knox Manage release notes.